Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A.)
Operations management involves the application of managerial, analytical, and technical skills to effective problem solving pertaining to transformation of resources across the entire supply chain.
Program Offerings at Grand Valley
Students who earn a Bachelor of Business Administration in operations management will be provided with the cutting edge concepts, tools, and advanced technologies they need to effectively manage service, manufacturing, and operations.
Majors can choose from a variety of courses, including:
- Computers in Operations Management
- Manufacturing Planning and Control
- Operations Strategy
- Service Operations
- Strategic Management of Operations
- Supply Chain Management
- Total Quality Management and Lean Six-Sigma
Operations management majors find careers such as:
- Continuous improvement coordinators
- Customer service managers
- Lean Six-Sigma managers
- Materials managers
- Operations budget analyst
- Planning and supply chain analysts
- Plant managers
- Quality managers
Why Study Operations Management at Grand Valley?
- Faculty members who consult on real business issues are experts in all areas of operations management.
- Current technology is integrated into courses by use of the Internet, e-commerce, and enterprise resource planning.
- Internships and mentorship programs are available to allow you to earn money while gaining valuable business experience.
- A strong advisory board represents senior executives of major corporations in the region.
- A campus in the heart of an exciting business environment.
- Network with major corporations and gain access to internships and jobs.
- Study abroad opportunities prepare you for a global society by allowing you to live within another culture and meet students from around the world.
“I strongly encourage students to explore operations management as a major and APICS (Association for Operations Management) as a means to network and gain critical industry experience.”
RANDALL GILBERT, CPIM, CSCP, PMP, LSSBB
MANAGEMENT ALUMNUS PRESIDENT OF APICS, GRAND RAPIDS CHAPTER VP OF OPERATIONS, ETNA SUPPLY COMPANY